Edraak Foundation for Development and Equality's annual report for the year 2020 on "Violent crime rates against women and girls in Egypt"
Issued by the Observatory on Gender-Based Violence crimes Against Women and Girls.
The most important statistics that result in the annual report for the year 2020 are as follows:
- The total number of crimes of gender-based violence against women and girls reached 415.
- The total number of murders of women and girls due to violence is 165.
- The total murders of women and girls due to what is known as (honor killings) are 14 crimes.
- 23 crimes in attempted murder.
- The total of suicide crimes for girls and women is 54 cases.
- The total number of severe beatings that result in temporary or permanent fractures or disabilities are 34 crimes.
- The total number of rapes is 44.
- In total, 57 crimes of sexual harassment.
- Total crimes of electronic harassment are 8 crimes.